Pumpkin Pepper Pearl Couscous, made in under 30 minutes. A comforting dish in fall colors, that will keep your warm on colder nights.
Fall has finally settled on Georgia; leaves turn into shades of gourds and pumpkin colors. On this election night I thought we need something comfort food, something that will fill us up, something that will gets us through the night, irrespective of the result. Happy or unhappy with the outcome, let this Pumpkin Pepper Pearl Couscous will be the foundation for the next step.
How do we define comfort; no idea to be honest, I guess it means something different for everybody. I do know that a lot of comfort comes from food and through the selection of the ingredients, the cooking method, the presentation, the colors, the texture, you can create comfort food. Also how your serve it, when you serve and with whom you’ll share it; it will all determine the degree of comfort.
What will you be doing tonight? I don’t think I will be glued to the TV tonight to follow the results, but checking every now and then; sure I will do that, but I am way more interested in what will happen next; how we will our divided nation unite again. I know one way, share and spread the love of food. Try this Pumpkin Pepper Pearl Couscous.
Another way to work pumpkin puree in an easy recipe is in combination with pasta, like this Zebra Pasta.
Pumpkin Pepper Pearl Couscous
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1/2 onion
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup half and half
- salt and pepper
- parsley chopped
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- Bring water to a boil and cook the couscous according to direction on the packaging.
- Cut the onion and the bell pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and cook the onion and bell pepper until slightly softened.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the half and half. Mix and warm.
- Drain the couscous and add to the skillet.
- Mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese.
amalliaNovember 11, 2016 at 2:42 am
Very healthy meal, I’ll try it soon.
MarinkaNovember 11, 2016 at 8:50 am
Thank you Amallia and enjoy.