Do you want a super healthy salad that is made in less than 30 minutes and that tastes delicious? Try this Mango Tomato Black Bean Salad; its vegan, low cal, high fiber, high flavor, high color. Is that a thing?
Salads are a ideal way to serve healthy meal with minimum or no cooking and the choices are endless. This salad will help you to reach your intake of your daily fruit and vegetables.
This salad will also offer you a full stomach, without a lot of fat and calories. It does give you a good source of protein, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins. And no surprise, the flavor combination is delicious. If you use no-salt added black beans you’ll also keep you sodium intake limited.
Mango Tomato Black Bean Salad ingredients
- Yellow mango – sweet, soft and bright
- Red tomato – tart and bold
- Black-brown beans – earthy
- Brown farro – chewy and nutty
- Green cilantro – bright, bitter
To make this salad, follow the next 3 steps
- Cook the farro in salted water according to the directions on the packaging. Cool.
- While the farro is cooking, prepare the other ingredients. Peel and cut the mango, wash and cut the tomatoes. Drain and rinse the black beans, wash and chop the cilantro. Mix the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients and toss.
This Mango Tomato Black Bean Salad is a great lunch recipe. It can even be an appetizer, when you serve it in a smaller portion.
Instead of farro, you can use another grain. Try wild, brown or black rice, quinoa, bulgur wheat.
If you like farro as much as I do, try these suggestion: Farro Baby Kale and Apple Salad, Farro Salad with Mango, Chicken and Feta or Fall Salad with Fruit, Grains and Greens or Farro with Roasted Potato Peppers & Chickpeas.
Mango Tomato Black Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup farro
- 1 mango
- 1 tomato
- 8 ounces black beans canned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Cook the farro according to the directions on the packaging. Allow to cool.
- Peel the mango and cut in bite-size pieces. Core the tomato and cut in pieces.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix.
- Divide over 2 bowls, decorate with cilantro leaves.