This pasta recipe is not only very quick and easy to make, it also has a deliciously creamy sauce. Make more sauce than you need; this No Guilt Avocado Spinach Pasta is very healthy. Made in 10-15 minutes with just 4-5 ingredients.
Every now and then, you combine ingredients without really knowing how it will taste. This Avocado Spinach Pasta is a great example. Never thought that a sauce made from avocado and spinach could be this creamy and delicious. The lemon, salt and pepper are really more the taste enhancers. The lemon juice also keeps the color in check.
How to make the No Guilt Avocado Spinach Pasta?
The recipe is quite simple; you’ll only need to make a 4-5 ingredients sauce. You can do this while the pasta cooks.
Clean the avocado and add it, together with the spinach, pine nuts and lemon juice to a blender. Or add it to a high walled cup, if you use an immersion blender.
Pulse the blender until you have a smooth sauce. It will be very thick, as it has hardly any liquid in it, but that will change as soon as your pasta is done.
Drain the pasta and keep as much pasta water as you like. It is up to you how thick you like the sauce to be. Return the pasta to the pan, add the sauce check the sauce for thickness.
At this stage, the pasta is totally vegan. If you like to add some cheese, do that now; cheese will thicken the sauce again and you may need to add some more pasta water.
The last step is to sprinkle the dish with some julienne-cut spinach leaves and some Parmesan cheese (optional).
I am confident that you will enjoy this dish. The question is, did you make enough sauce :-)?
No Guilt Avocado Spinach Pasta
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup spinach packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Make the sauce while the pasta cooks.
- Peel the avocado, discard the pit and transfer the flesh to a blender.
- Add spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until you have a smooth, very thick sauce.
- Drain the pasta and keep 1 cup of pasta water. You may not need this much, but better safe than sorry.
- Return the pasta to the pan.
- Add some of the pasta water to you blender and pulse again until your sauce has reached its desired thickness.
- Add the sauce to the past and mix. You may need more water. All depends on your personal preference.
- Add Parmesan cheese is you prefer, and mix, allow to melt and check sauce for thickness again.
- Divide pasta over 2 bowls or plates. Sprinkle with a little bit of Spinach leaves cut to julienne and Parmesan cheese (if you prefer).