This upside down plum pie is so easy to make, that I couldn’t wait to share it with you. Just 3 ingredients and you have a beautiful fall pie.
All you need is:
- Pastry dough
Are you more of a cake than a pie person, try this Cardamon Cake with Plums.
Upside Down Plum Pie
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3-4 plums pitted
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the circle of the pastry dough, using the skillet as your guide. (NOTE 1)
- Transfer the sugar to an oven-safe skillet.
- Sliced the plums thinly (keep the skin on) and arrange them on top of the sugar. (NOTE 2)
- Place the dough circle directly on top of the fruit slices and slide the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Place an inverted plate on top of the skillet and flip it over.
- Remove the plate carefully, making sure that every plum sliced stays on the pie and not stick to the plate.
- Allow the pie to cool and ENJOY!
- Cut the dough just a little bit larger than the skillet. I will shrink a little during baking.
- Arrange the plum slices the way you like; circular, horizontal or vertical rows, skin up (this may require thicker slices and more plums).