A little variety in side dishes will help you a lot when preparing meals for your family. This Creamy Cheesy Polenta is done in no time and is satisfying, without being heavy, warming without taking you back to the wintertime. Just a great dish to have in your arsenal.
Side dishes are often an afterthought, at least in my house, no longer as this is a game-changer and so simple to make. We’re all in need of quick fixes for dinner, well……. here is one way to go. . . . . Creamy Cheese Polenta.
Polenta comes in various options, yellow and white, coarse and fine and there is also a quick cooking variety as well as pre-cooked polenta.
Polenta is not a complicated dish to make. It comes down to bringing water, milk or a combination to a boil, add polenta and salt & pepper. Turn down the head and cook slowly until done. How long that cooking takes, depends on the type and brand of polenta you have.
Once done cooking, add Mascarpone, Parmigiano cheese, butter and season with salt and pepper and you’re done. The thickness of the polenta can be adjusted to your liking by adding a little bit more water and/or milk.
Enjoy your Creamy Cheesy Polenta !
Creamy Cheesy Polenta
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 2.5 ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs optional
- In a saucepan, bring water and milk and salt to a simmer
- Add polenta and turn down the head to low. Whisk frequently until the polenta thickens.
- Cook as directed on the packaging (depending on the type of polenta you use).
- When done cooking, add milk or water if the end result is too thick.
- Add Mascarpone, Parmesan Cheese and butter. Stir until well-mixed and melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add some fresh herbs like oregano, thyme or sage if you like.