My new favorite salad that has chicken, arugula, cucumber, celery, radishes, walnuts and blue cheese as ingredients. A meal and a very delicious one. Get on board and enjoy!
This salad is great at lunch or dinner time; it contains lots of everything, protein in the form of chicken and cheese, veggies in the form of celery, cucumber, arugula, radishes and walnuts. A dressing of oil, sherry vinegar and mustard,
If you think this has some similarities with a Waldorf Salad, you may be right on some level, but it’s not a particular close relative. Surely it contains celery, grapes and walnuts, but that’s about it.
Ingredients for Chicken Arugula Salad with Grapes & Radishes
- Roasted Chicken
- Blue Cheese
- Red Grapes
For the dressing you’ll need: olive oil, sherry vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad by:
- chopping or shredding the roasted chicken
- wash the arugula
- chop the celery
- chop the cucumber
- slice the radishes
- chop the walnuts
- crumble the blue cheese
- halve the grapes
- chop the parsley
Mix all the salad ingredients together and then mix the dressing and add that to the salad and mix until everything is coated.
Want to try turkey in a salad, click this link: Apple Cheddar Turkey Salad.
Chicken Arugula Salad with Grapes and Radishes
For the salad
- 2.5 ounces arugula
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- 5 radishes
- 6 ounces roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2.5 ounces blue cheese
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Chop the celery, cucumber, walnuts and parsley.
- Slice the radishes
- Shred or chop the chicken
- Crumble the blue cheese
- Put the arugula in a large bowl, add the chopped celery, cucumber, walnuts, chicken, radishes, blue cheese and parsley and mix.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, sherry wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to the salad and mix until salad is nicely coated with dressing.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.