Power to this juicy green fruit bowl salad, that does not need much more than a good hustle. This salad is all about fresh fruits in a variety of textures and flavors.
This fruit salad is a combination of honeydew melon, green grapes, kiwi, avocado and apple, with a simple dressing of lime juice and honey and basil. No oil needed. It is obviously vegan, gluten-free, lactose free and fiber rich and no added sugar.
The melon is cut in small balls with the melon baller. Who invented such a down to earth name for this tool? You can use it for many other fruits; it is a handy little tool. Cut the apple in quarters and then in slices (not peeled), peel the avocado and cut in slices and then in smaller pieces. Peel the kiwi and then cut in slices through the middle. The green grapes? Just wash them.
A few nutrition facts about this Fresh Green Fruit Salad Bowl
- Kiwi: vitamin C, K, E, folate, and potassium, as well as fiber and anti-oxidants
- Melon: vitamin C, B, folate and potassium
- Green grapes: vitamin C, K and fiber
- Green apple: vitamin C, B6, potassium and fiber
- Avocado: monounsaturated fat, potassium, fiber, vitamin C, B6
By the way, did you know that you can eat the skin of a kiwi? It is a little fuzzy, hairy and may be a little strange to eat, but it is an edible part of the fruit.
A fresh fruit salad is a wonderful appetizer, a refreshing dessert, a great side dish or a healthy breakfast. If you prefer a salad with a little more body, try this Green Rice Salad with Avocado, Grapes and Cucumber.
Juicy Green Fruit Bowl Salad
- 1/4 honeydew melon
- 1/4 avocado
- 4 ounces green grapes
- 1/4 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Discard the seeds. Use a melon baller to cut small ball of melon.
- Peel the avocado and cut in slices and then in smaller pieces.
- Wash the grapes.
- Cut the apple in slices
- Cut the end of the kiwi, peel it and cut the fruit in half (through the thickest part). Then cut each half in more slices.
- Make your dressing by mixing honey and lime juice.
- Transfer all fruit to a bowl, add the dressing and mix.
- Divide the Fresh Green Fruit Bowl Salad over 2 bowls or plates. Add basil for decoration (if so desired)