To make this heavenly Banana Chocolate Mousse, all it takes is 4 basic ingredients; bananas, chocolate, sugar and cream and approx. 20 minutes. Mash, melt, whip, mix and cool that’s all.
I like to melt the chocolate to a smooth texture, but if you like some crunchies, add some of the savings when you mix it all together and the mousse will show the tiny chocolate pieces and it will add another texture to your dessert. It comes down to what you prefer, what tickles your fancy.
Mmmm … take your time and allow each spoonful to melt on your tongue; let it slide down your throat and fill your stomach with happy feelings.
Banana Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 ounces sugar
- 2 whole bananas
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoons instant coffee
- Pour well-chilled cream in a bowl, add the sugar and beat the cream to a consistency that it barely holds mounds, using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk.
- Peel the bananas and mash them finely with a fork; add the lemon juice and incorporate this into the banana mousse. Reserve a few thin slices of banana for your decoration. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the reserved banana slices to avoid them from turning brown.
- Cut the chocolate into chunks and shards with a serrated knife. Melt the chocolate in a microwave or au-bain-marie over a stove, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency. Allow the melted chocolate to cool.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate, the banana-lemon mash and the instant coffee to the whipped cream and fold it together. Don’t over-mix as you may lose the incorporated air.
- Divide the banana chocolate mousse over 4 dessert bowls. Place the bowls in the refrigerator to cool them down completely.
- Decorate the banana chocolate mousse with slices of banana and chocolate shavings, just before serving.