This Strawberry Mascarpone Pie is a little bit more than just dough and fruit. It’s also a mascarpone cream layer (that was obvious), strawberry preserves, strawberries (this one you knew as well) and some tiny chocolate shavings.
The ingredients are:
FOR THE DOUGH
- All-purpose flour
- Corn starch
- Light brown sugar
FOR THE REMAINING LAYERS
- Mascarpone cheese
- Orange juice
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry preserves
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate shavings
Strawberry Mascarpone Pie
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3.5 ounce mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 pound strawberries sliced
- dark chocolate optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a spring form with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, corn starch, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter with light brown sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture little by little to the butter mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Transfer the dough into the spring form and pad it evenly across the bottom.
- Bake the dough for 25-30 minutes in the oven, until the edges are firm and begin to color brown.
- Cool pie bottom on a rack.
- While the pie bottom is cooling, mix the mascarpone with the orange juice and the powdered sugar until fluffy and spread over the cooled pie until covered.
- Warm the strawberry preserves just a little bit, so it is easier to spread it over the mascarpone. (NOTE 1)
- Divide the strawberry slices over the preserves. (NOTE 2)
- Decorate the pie by sprinkling tiny chocolate shavings on top.
- Make sure the preserves is not hot, just more liquid.
- You can add as many strawberry slices as you like. Since there is no baking, they are the flavor and visual finishing touch.