Deliciously moist banana pecan muffins are one way to use up overripe bananas. The pecans are not mixed into the batter, but sprinkled on top with cinnamon and honey for a pleasant crunch.
These muffins are like small banana breads with a crunchy top and really simple to make.
The ingredients are flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, egg and ripe bananas and a mix of pecan, honey and cinnamon on top for the crunch.
You’ll have 4 mixtures that come together
- flour, salt and baking soda
- sugar, sour cream and butter
- mashed bananas and egg
- pecans, honey and cinnamon
Once the first 3 mixtures become the batter and are divided over the muffin liners, sprinkle them with the pecan/honey/cinnamon combination and bake the muffins into a deliciously moist breakfast, lunch or snack.
This recipe makes 6 Moist Banana Pecan Muffins, double it if you prefer to make 12 banana muffins.
Baking time is 20-25 minutes and as always depend a little on your oven.
Don’t they look delicious? Let’s have a bite.
Moist Banana Pecan Muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg large
- 2 bananas large, ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 6-count muffin pan with cupcake liners or half a 12-count muffin pan. Set aside
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix dark brown sugar, sour cream and butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and blend.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined, then add mashed bananas and mix again until combined again.
- Mix pecans, honey and cinnamon and set aside.
- Divide muffin mixture over muffin liners and sprinkle with pecan/honey/cinnamon mixture.
- Place muffin pan in oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool and enjoy.