This One Pan Chicken and Veggies Hustle is a full meal. No need for any additional carbs in the form of rice, pasta, potatoes or bread. This dish contains what you’ll need in a dish, without being heavy. A great weekday dinner recipe.
This dish is a tribute to all the chickens that worked so hard to get us all the eggs for Easter. It must have been a hard job again this year, producing all the eggs for the deviled eggs, omelets, cake, pies etc. All kidding aside; this dish is easy to make. With that little effort you’ll have a dish with great variety in texture and flavor, oh and color as well.
I saw a statistic the other day that the amount of sweet consumed during Easter is higher than Valentine’s Day and Halloween. So you may be ready for a savory dish. I am not a fanatic celebrator of Easter and especially not this year, because I was home alone. Gosh I had a lot of idea, but I didn’t execute them – too much to eat on my own. I did make a braided bread that came out great, consistency wise, but the braids ‘broke’. I will have to try that recipe again, to make it blog worthy.
My Easter meal consisted of this One Pan Chicken and Veggies Hustle.
Make the dish
Rub the chicken breast with salt and pepper or with any spice blend you like. I used skinless and boneless breast. You can also use skin-on, bone-in; it most likely add some flavor, but it will also add fat. Next, cook the chicken in a little oil. Chop onion and bell pepper, slice spring onions and mushrooms. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from skillet and add the chopped vegetables to the pan. Cut the chicken in strips or cubes, whatever you prefer. Chop fresh basil and parsley. Return chicken to skillet and add herbs and peas to the pan. Warm, season if needed and voila, your One Pan Chicken and Veggies Hustle is done!
For more One-Pot dishes, check out this link.
One Pan Chicken and Veggies Hustle
- 8 ounce chicken breasts no skin, no bones
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic minced
- 1/2 onion
- 4 spring onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 8 ounces peas frozen or canned
- 1 tablespoon basil freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly chopped
- Rub the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Peel and chop the onion, red bell pepper. Clean the spring onions, cut in small rings and wash and dry. Wash, slice and dry mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven and add the minced garlic clove. Cook if for a minutes until is slightly browns and become fragrant. Add the chicken. Cook over medium heat for about 1 minute and then flip the chicken. Cook 1 minute on the other side. Turn heat to low and cook for approx. 10 minutes. Take the chicken out of the pan, wrap in aluminum foil and place foil in warm oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper to Dutch oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, spring onions and peas. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken in strips or cubes and add to the pan as well as the chopped basil and parsley. Mix and warm for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide over plates and sprinkle with chopped parsley.