This recipe is in my family already for a while and as you expect, it did change a little bit over the years. I made another change this time around; this Pasta with Chicken, Mushrooms and Walnuts rocks even more. It is a easy to make, and very flavorful; it is the addition of the walnuts that pulls all the flavors together and makes this pasta absolutely delicious.
Pasta is one of my go-to dishes when I don’t have much time, and still want to eat something flavorful, filling and reasonable healthy. Since the combinations are endless you can always turn to you pantry and your fridge and make a decent pasta meal. Of course it depends on what you have in stock, but we all have beans, fruits and you’ll never have to make the same dish without much thinking.
If you have read many of my recipes, you will see that I am a believer in different textures in one dish. I also believe in communicating flavors, colors that jive, whether that is different colors, or sometimes just one color and shapes that work well together. This Pasta with Chicken, Mushrooms and Walnuts is about earthy colors, creamy and crunchy and very warm, comforting flavors.
Pasta with Chicken, Mushrooms and Walnuts
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1 bundle green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken breast in thin slices. The easiest way to do this, is to put the chicken in the freezer for approx. 10 minutes and then cut it.
- Cook the chicken slices in water and salt for 5 minutes. Use this water to cook the pasta.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms, the green onions and the basil and chop the walnuts.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet and cook the onion and the curry powder until fragrant. Add the mushrooms and allow moisture to be released.
- Add chicken, basil and creme fraiche.
- Drain the pasta and add that as well and mix. Add some pasta water is required and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture over 2 plates and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
LisaMarch 16, 2017 at 10:55 am
This sounds good! I love recipes with fresh basil, and I like how light and delicious this looks!
Vicci @ It's Cheat Day EverydayMarch 16, 2017 at 11:36 am
What a delicious flavor combination! I only just recently started to incorporate nuts into my pasta dishes and quite frankly..I don’t know how I was living before then! This look amazing, thanks for sharing!
Shann EvaMarch 16, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Yum! This looks and sounds delicious! I love walnuts and adding them to pasta is a great idea. Can’t wait to try this!
AnnaMarch 16, 2017 at 9:24 pm
This looks so delicious and healthy. My kids and husband would love this, thank you for sharing this recipe.
Michelle NietertMarch 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
I love mushrooms! Saving this as I never thought to combine them with walnuts.
MarinkaMarch 17, 2017 at 9:23 am
Hi Michelle; You should try indeed it is a great combination.