This Yellow Early Spring Salad is an ode to all things yellow. It is made from yellow bell pepper, pasta, summer squash, mango and cheese. Flavored with a dressing of honey, mustard, lemon juice, and sour cream. Yellow dressing on yellow salad. Fast, filling and different shades of yellow.
I have a funny relationship with the color yellow. I love yellow in food and flowers, but I don’t like it in clothing or interior design. Go figure. I bought a dress once for my brother’s wedding, a yellow dress; very simple and pretty. Not bright yellow, but pale yellow and that wedding was the only day I wore it. Well to be honest, I tried it a few more times. Every time I am wearing it, I feel uncomfortable, as if everybody’s looking at me. Like, look at her in her yellow dress. Or something like, her again in that yellow dress. Must be something psychological, who knows. On the other hand, I love yellow flowers, like daffodils, sunflowers, cornflowers, daylillies, roses etc and yellow in food, like this Yellow Early Spring Salad.
The salad is a mixture of cheese, fruit, vegetables and pasta, served with a honey, mustard, sour cream dressing. I combination of yellow bell pepper, mango, summer squash, Jarlsberg cheese, gigli pasta.
Yellow Early Spring Salad
- 3 ounces gigli pasta
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 summer squash
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 mango
- 3 Jarlsberg Cheese
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according the the directions on the packaging and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to the water.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut the summer squash, bell pepper, mango and cheese in small pieces.
- Add honey, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.