With winter weather on its last legs and warmer summer days creeping up on us here in the South, this Triple Berry & Spinach Salad is welcome on our table any day. Since most of these berries are available throughout the year anyway, you really have no reason not to try this one, right now.
Red, white and blue; once the salad came together I realized that these are the American colors, or the Dutch for that matter, or French or British, Australian, and there are even more, like the colors in the flag of New Zealand, Norway and Iceland. OK gonna stop now, you go the picture.
Besides the fact that this salad is healthy and delicious, you can prepare it in about 5 minutes, with easy to find ingredients.
What are the ingredients of this Triple Berry & Spinach Salad?
- Raspberries – you can use strawberries as well.
- Feta Cheese – you can use crumbled goat cheese as well
- Orange (juice and zest) – lemon juice is an alternative or even grapefruit juice or a combination
- Red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Let’s make this salad. Once all fruits and spinach are washed, it’s a matter of carefully mixing. Then make the orange vinaigrette from the orange juice, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt & pepper and drizzle that over the salad. You can use all the vinaigrette or just a little bit and serve the rest at the table. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and then the orange zest.
That’s all it takes to make this Triple Berry & Spinach Salad.
Triple Berry & Spinach Salad
For the salad
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup feta coarsely crumbled
For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- orange zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt & pepper
- Transfer the blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and baby spinach into a bowl and gently mix together.
- Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the salad and serve the rest separately.
- Divide the crumbled feta over the salad and sprinkle the orange zest on top.