Can anything be more delicious, easy and good looking than this Farro Corn Salad with Peach & Burrata?
I know it is a little late to post this recipe as fresh corn is one of the ingredients, but this is so easy and so delicious that I didn’t want to keep it for myself. So let’s go through the recipe and you’ll see what I mean:
Ingredients for this Farro Corn Salad with Peach & Burrata are:
- Corn on the cob
- Cherry tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Dressing of: avocado, orange juice, olive oil, basil, salt & pepper
Simple ingredients, easy to find. If you cannot find all ingredients, the salad is versatile enough to replace corn on the cob with canned corn, peach with nectarine or apricot or even mango. Burrata can be replaced with mozzarella or goat cheese or feta. The two latter ones do change the flavor of the salad, but are perfect replacements.
Lots of fresh ingredients, lost of different textures, and lots of shapes and colors all in one bowl or on one plate.
Drizzle with the avocado dressing and top with a ball or Burrata and you’ll be in seventh salad heaven.
Farro Corn Salad with Peach & Burrata
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 whole corn on the cob
- 1 whole peach cubed
- 1/2 cucumber cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 balls Burrata cheese
- Shuck the corn. Boil water and salt in a wide, flat pan and lay the corn on its side. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, depending on the freshness of the corn. Once cooled, cut the corn off the cob.
- Transfer the corn onto a plate and add the farro to the boiling water and cook the farro according to the directions on the packaging. Once cooked, rinse and set aside to cool.
- Place the all salad ingredient in a bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Depending on the size of the avocado and orange you may need to add more juice and olive oil to reach your desired consistency.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide salad over bowls or plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- Place a ball of Burrata cheese on each serving, tear it in half and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.