This Strawberry, Mango, Avocado Salad & Balsamic Mustard Dressing is fun to make. All it takes is peel and cut the fruits, tear the lettuce and make a simple dressing, a vinaigrette of oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard. Ready in no time. I ate this salad as a meal, with some bread and felt really happy afterwards. This may sound funny, but when a recipe turns out the way you want in appearance and taste, I am just happy camper.
I often eat salads, especially when the weather is hot, or when the previous day my dinner was a little heavy. Salad is a great appetizer, side dish or a meal. This Strawberry, Mango, Avocado Salad & Balsamic Mustard Dressing may be more a appetizer or lunch, but for me it does just great as a meal. The colors of the fruits are just amazing and the Balsamic Mustard Dressing adds a darker film over the fruits. A hint of balsamic, in combination with the mustard and the sweetness of the honey and the individual fruits is just delicious.
As you can see from the picture; basically 4 ingredients and a vinaigrette dressing and just a matter of washing, peeling and cutting or tearing. For the vinaigrette you mix the ingredients and then bring it all together for a fruit feast.
When I buy strawberries, I always first smell them. Somebody told me once, that when you buy strawberries and you want to eat them immediately, you should be able to smell them from the container. Of course you need to look at them as well; to make sure you don’t have many unripe parts, but this smelling, this sticking your nose close to the package will tell you whether the fruit is ripe. I have never been wrong since.
This salad will be open for some additions, like feta cheese, Mozzarella, a poppy seed vinaigrette.
Enjoy this Strawberry, Mango, Avocado Salad & Balsamic Mustard Dressing!
Strawberry, Mango, Avocado Salad & Balsamic Mustard Dressing
- 1 small head bibb lettuce
- 1 whole mango
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 whole avocados
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Wash the lettuce and tear the leaves in small pieces.
- Peel the mango and cut the fruit in small pieces.
- Wash the strawberries, pick off the green tops and quarter them or cut them even smaller, depending on the size of the strawberry.
- Peel the avocados, and cut the fruit in small pieces.
- Mix the olive oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar, honey and salt and pepper.
- Transfer lettuce and fruit pieces to a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and mix.
- Ready to serve this Strawberry, Mango, Avocado Salad & Balsamic Mustard Dressing