Any dessert with whipped cream is good, right? This Blueberry Fool is no exception. The beauty of this recipe is that it is very easy to make and cannot go wrong and it looks stunning; like a fancy colored marble.
This dessert came together so quick, that I almost didn’t want to believe it, but is was true and the taste tests were passed with flying colors. A dessert that you need to start preparing an hour or two before dinner time; that’s all. There are 3 things you need to do; 1. make a blueberry puree; 2. push the puree through a sieve; 3. whip cream. The puree needs to thicken in the fridge and when you are ready to serve you pour the puree on top of the whipped cream and you fold it once or twice and that’s all. I know you can do this and you know it too.
The more you fold the more one color you will have, you’ll end up with a blueberry mousse.
Once you made the fruit puree you can place that in the fridge immediately; in other words, you can skip the step with the sieve, but you will end up with little crunchy pieces in the Blueberry Fool. Well, I ain’t no fool, I want a perfectly decadent dessert and that’s what I have. Follow the recipe below and you’ll have the same result.
Smooth and Creamy Blueberry Fool
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Wash the blueberries. Transfer blueberries to a saucepan, add lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Allow it to simmer until the blueberries become soft, approx. 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer the blueberries to a food processor and puree. Then poor mixture into a bowl, through a sieve and press out all the liquids. You'll end up with a perfectly smooth blueberry puree.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until puree is cold and slightly thicker.
- Whisk whipping cream with 1.5 tablespoons of sugar until soft peaks.
- Drizzle blueberry puree over the whipped cream and fold cream and blueberry smooth together.
- Only fold a few times to end up with streaked dessert.
- Transfer to 1 large or 2 small serving bowls.